The best year for the kia soul was 2020, while the worst year was 2012. the kia soul is a popular compact car that has been on the market since 2008. Over the years, the soul has undergone changes and improvements, culminating in the 2020 model, which is considered by many as the best year for the car.
However, the soul had a rocky start in 2012 when it received a lower safety rating and had some reliability issues. Despite this setback, kia continued to improve the car, and it has become a top choice for those seeking a practical and stylish vehicle.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the best and worst years for the kia soul, examining their features, specs, and pros and cons, to help you decide which version is right for you.
The Best Years For The Kia Soul
Discussing The Reasons Behind The Popularity Of The Kia Soul
Since its release in 2009, the kia soul has gained massive popularity among car enthusiasts around the world. Its unique and boxy design, impressive fuel economy, and affordable price make it an appealing choice for many. But what exactly is it about the kia soul that has made it so popular?
Here are some reasons:
- Unique exterior design that stands out from other cars on the market
- Spacious and comfortable interior, with plenty of head and legroom
- Impressive fuel economy, particularly in the city, making it a cost-effective option
- Advanced tech features, such as a touch screen display, bluetooth connectivity, and rearview camera
- Outstanding safety ratings, which provide a sense of security for drivers and passengers
Presenting The Top-Performing Years For The Kia Soul
While the kia soul has been a popular choice since its initial release, there have been certain years where it shone brighter than others. Based on expert reviews and customer feedback, here are the top-performing years for the kia soul:
- 2017: Received a complete redesign with improved power and fuel efficiency, as well as a more refined interior and plethora of advanced safety features
- 2019: Offered a range of updated engines, including a turbocharged option, as well as an upgraded infotainment system
- 2020: Enjoyed high sales numbers thanks to its comfortable ride, spacious interior, and user-friendly tech features
Exploring The Features That Make These Years Stand Out
So what exactly made these years stand out from the rest? Let’s take a closer look at some of the features that helped the 2017, 2019, and 2020 kia souls become so popular:
- Powerful and efficient engines that provide a smooth and fun ride
- Comfortable ride due to responsive suspension and accurate steering
- User-friendly interior design, with easy-to-use controls and plenty of storage space
- Advanced safety features, including a forward collision warning system, lane departure warning, and blind spot monitoring
- High-quality sound systems and infotainment systems, making it easy to stay connected on the road
Highlighting The Reviews And Awards Received During These Years
Unsurprisingly, these top-performing years for the kia soul also received high praise from experts and customers alike. Here are some of the accolades and reviews that helped cement the kia soul’s place as one of the most popular cars on the market:
- The 2017 soul was named a top safety pick+ by the insurance institute for highway safety (iihs)
- The 2019 soul received a 5-star overall safety rating from the national highway traffic safety administration (nhtsa)
- The 2020 soul was chosen as a consumer guide best buy and named a finalist for the north american utility vehicle of the year award
- Reviewers praised the soul for its unique design, reliability, and impressive value for money
The Worst Years For The Kia Soul
The kia soul has become a beloved car for many, known for its unique design and affordability. However, not all years were created equal for the popular vehicle. In this section, we will be exploring the worst years for the kia soul, as well as identifying the factors that led to poor performance during these years.
We will also discuss how kia addressed the issues and present reviews and ratings of these years.
Identifying The Years When The Kia Soul Struggled
- The 2010 kia soul experienced the highest number of complaints, with transmission problems being the most common issue reported.
- The 2012 kia soul had a high number of problems with its engine, with some car owners even reporting complete engine failure.
- The 2014 kia soul was also problematic, with issues ranging from powertrain to electrical system malfunctions.
Examining The Factors That Led To Poor Performance In These Years
- Lack of proper quality control and testing before release, resulting in faulty parts being used in production.
- Inadequate communication and response from kia on addressing customer complaints and concerns.
- Difficulty in sourcing replacement parts, causing extended wait times for customers needing repairs.
Discussing How Kia Addressed The Issues And How It Helped
- Kia acknowledged the issues and made an effort to improve the production process and quality control measures.
- The company offered extended warranties and recalls for affected vehicles to rectify any potential issues.
- Kia also improved communication with customers by providing access to dedicated customer support teams and regularly updating them on the progress of their repairs.
Presenting The Reviews And Ratings Of These Years
- The 2010 kia soul received an overall rating of 7.9 out of 10 on u.s. news & world report, with a 3 out of 5 for reliability.
- The 2012 kia soul received a lower overall rating of 7.5 out of 10, with a 2 out of 5 for reliability.
- The 2014 kia soul also had a lower rating of 7.6 out of 10, with a 2 out of 5 for reliability.
Despite the issues faced by the kia soul in certain years, it is important to note that many car owners have had positive experiences with their vehicles. By taking steps to address these issues and improve communication with customers, kia has worked to ensure that the kia soul remains a popular choice for individuals and families alike.
The Evolution Of The Kia Soul
Tracing The Evolution Of The Car Model From Its Inception Till Date
The kia soul is a compact suv crossover car that first hit the market in 2009. The model year 2009 was the first year of production for the kia soul. In its twelve-year stint, the car has undergone several changes, upgrades, and facelifts.
Today, the kia soul is known for its funky design, modern features, and fun-to-drive performance.
Highlighting The Major Changes And Upgrades In Each Model Throughout The Years
Over the years, kia has made several upgrades and updates to its popular soul model. Here are some of the major changes:
- 2010: The 2010 model year saw the introduction of new safety features, including side-curtain airbags, electronic stability control, and a brake assist system.
- 2012: In 2012, kia introduced the eco package, which included fuel-saving features such as a stop/start system and low-rolling-resistance tires.
- 2014: The 2014 model year saw a significant redesign of the soul’s exterior. The new design featured sharper lines, a longer hood, and a wider stance.
- 2017: Kia introduced the turbocharged engine option in 2017, which boosted the car’s horsepower to 201.
- 2020: The most recent upgrade to the soul is the new x-line appearance package, which gives the car a more rugged and off-road look.
Discussing How The Changes Have Affected The Performance And Popularity Of The Car
The changes and upgrades made to the kia soul over the years have helped keep the car fresh and modern. The introduction of new safety features and fuel-saving technologies has made the car a more practical and economical choice for consumers.
The redesign of the soul’s exterior in 2014 gave the car a more youthful and edgy appearance, which helped attract a younger demographic of buyers.
The introduction of the turbocharged engine in 2017 gave the car a boost in performance, making it a more fun-to-drive option. The new x-line appearance package introduced in 2020 has helped make the car look more rugged and off-road capable, which could attract a more adventure-seeking customer base.
Overall, the changes made to the kia soul have helped increase its popularity and make it a more competitive player in the compact crossover market.
Kia Soul And Today’S Market
Best And Worst Years For The Kia Soul
The kia soul has come a long way since its introduction in 2008. With its unique, boxy design and affordable pricing, the soul has established itself as a solid choice in the hatchback market. However, with every car model, there are good years and bad ones.
Evaluating The Current Market Performance Of The Kia Soul:
- In recent years, the kia soul has experienced a decline in sales due to the rise in popularity of crossovers and suvs. However, the soul still remains a popular choice among those looking for an affordable and reliable vehicle.
- Despite the decline in sales, the kia soul is still one of the top-selling hatchbacks in the us.
- The introduction of the third-generation kia soul in 2020 has been met with mixed reviews, with some praising the improved styling, while others criticize the lack of significant updates.
Analyzing The Competitive Landscape Of The Hatchback Segment Of The Car Market:
- The hatchback segment of the car market is a competitive one, with the kia soul rivaling the likes of the honda fit, toyota corolla, and volkswagen golf.
- The honda fit and toyota corolla have seen steady sales over the years, while the volkswagen golf has seen a decline.
- The recent rise in popularity of electric vehicles (evs) has also brought new competition to the hatchback market, with models such as the nissan leaf and chevrolet bolt gaining traction.
Discussing The Potential Future Of The Kia Soul In The Car Market:
- As the demand for evs continues to grow, kia has announced plans to introduce an electric version of the kia soul in the near future.
- It remains to be seen whether the electric version will boost sales for the soul.
- With its unique design and reliable performance, the kia soul has a solid foundation for continued success in the hatchback market.
Frequently Asked Questions For Best And Worst Years For The Kia Soul
What Are The Best Years For The Kia Soul?
The best years for the kia soul are 2018, 2019, and 2020.
What Are The Worst Years For The Kia Soul?
The worst years for the kia soul are 2010 and 2014.
How Reliable Is The Kia Soul?
The kia soul is a very reliable car with high satisfaction ratings.
What Features Should I Look For In A Good Kia Soul?
Good kia souls have a spacious interior, good handling, and good gas mileage.
How Much Should I Pay For A Kia Soul?
You should expect to pay between $10,000 and $20,000 for a good kia soul.
Is The Kia Soul Good On Gas Mileage?
Yes, the kia soul is very fuel-efficient and gets good gas mileage.
What Is The Average Lifespan Of A Kia Soul?
With proper maintenance, a kia soul can last up to 200,000 miles.
Based on the analysis of sales and ratings among kia soul models, certain years are better than others. The best years for kia soul were 2010, 2011, and 2018. These years had the highest ratings and sales figures than others.
The worst years for kia soul include 2012, 2014, and 2016, which had the most complaints and issues. Despite these drawbacks, it is essential to note that kia soul remains a reliable and efficient compact car. Thus, it is safe to say that the car’s positive attributes outweigh the negatives, making it a popular choice among drivers.
When looking for a wise investment in a car, one can consider purchasing a kia soul. It is a standout choice, being versatile, fuel-efficient, and affordable. Ultimately, when selecting a car, ensure you do extensive research on the various models to make an informed decision that meets your preferences and needs.