The best year for mazda cx-5 is 2019, while the worst year is 2014 due to its low reliability rating and issues with the car’s transmission. The mazda cx-5 is a versatile compact suv that has become increasingly popular since it was first introduced in 2012.
Over the years, mazda has made several updates and improvements to the cx-5, which has resulted in some years being better than others. If you’re in the market for a mazda cx-5, it’s important to know which years are the best and worst.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the best and worst years for the mazda cx-5 based on its reliability rating, performance, and overall value. By the end of this article, you’ll have a better understanding of which model year is right for you.
Best Years For Mazda Cx-5
If you are planning on buying a mazda cx-5, it’s important to know which years are the best for this model. Mazda cx-5 has always been a popular choice among car enthusiasts, but some years stand out because of their exceptional features and performance.
Here are the best years for mazda cx-5 based on the factors you should consider when evaluating them.
Factors To Consider When Evaluating Best Years
Before we dive into the best models of mazda cx-5, it’s crucial to understand the factors that make them stand out. Below are the key considerations that you should keep in mind when evaluating the best years of mazda cx-5:
- Fuel efficiency
- Design and technology
2018 Mazda Cx-5
The 2018 mazda cx-5 is a great option if you’re looking for a reliable and fuel-efficient suv. This year’s model introduced a new engine that provides better fuel economy than its predecessors. Here are some other noteworthy features of the 2018 mazda cx-5:
- Advanced safety features, including blind-spot monitoring, rear-cross traffic alert, and automatic emergency braking
- Sleek exterior design and a luxurious interior
- Great handling and performance
- Reasonably priced
2020 Mazda Cx-5
The 2020 mazda cx-5 is one of the best compact suvs on the market today. It has a well-rounded balance of practicality, performance, and luxury. Here are some reasons why the 2020 mazda cx-5 should be in your list of best years for mazda cx-5:
- Eye-catching exterior design
- High-quality interior with plenty of space for passengers and cargo
- Reliable and fuel-efficient engine options
- Advanced safety features, including lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control
2016 Mazda Cx-5
The 2016 mazda cx-5 was the first model to introduce the kodo design language, which makes it stand out even today. This model is an excellent choice for drivers seeking a good balance of practicality and fun. Some key features of the 2016 mazda cx-5 include:
- Excellent handling and a smooth ride
- Spacious and comfy cabin
- A wide range of safety features, including a rearview camera, blind-spot monitoring, and rear-cross traffic alert
- Standard touch-screen infotainment system
2017 Mazda Cx-5
The 2017 mazda cx-5 has received critical acclaim and is still a sought-after model because of its balance between performance and luxury. It’s a great value for money, and here are some reasons why:
- Smooth and fuel-efficient engines
- Excellent handling and a comfortable ride
- High-quality interior with plenty of space for passengers and cargo
- A wide range of advanced safety features, including lane departure warning and automatic emergency braking
Choosing the best year for mazda cx-5 depends on your personal preferences and needs. However, the 2018, 2020, 2016, and 2017 models are considered to be the best by many enthusiasts and reputable car brands. Keep in mind the crucial factors when evaluating the models and choose the best one that will serve you for years to come.
Worst Years For Mazda Cx-5
The mazda cx-5 is a popular compact crossover suv known for its reliability, impressive fuel economy, and excellent driving dynamics. However, like any car, some model years are better than others. We will focus on the worst years of mazda cx-5, including the 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2019 models.
We will also explore the factors to consider when evaluating the worst years of any car.
Factors To Consider When Evaluating Worst Years
Before we dive into the worst years of mazda cx-5, let’s explore the factors to consider when evaluating the worst years of any car.
- Safety: Check whether the car has reliable safety features and how it performed in crash tests. Safety should be a priority when buying a car.
- Reliability: Look at the car’s repair history and how frequently it requires maintenance. A car that needs frequent repairs can quickly become an expensive headache.
- Fuel economy: Gas prices can fluctuate, so it’s essential to choose a car that doesn’t guzzle gas. Look for a car with good fuel economy to save money in the long run.
- Overall cost: Consider the car’s initial purchase price, maintenance costs, and repair costs. It’s important to make sure the car fits within your budget.
2013 Mazda Cx-5
The 2013 mazda cx-5 ranks among the worst years of this car model. Here’s why:
- Many drivers have reported transmission problems, such as rough shifting and slipping. These issues can be costly to repair out of warranty.
- The car’s infotainment system is outdated and lacks many modern features that drivers expect.
2014 Mazda Cx-5
The 2014 mazda cx-5 also has its fair share of issues, making it one of the worst years for this car. Here are the key problems with this model:
- Similar to the 2013 model, the 2014 cx-5 also suffers from transmission issues that can be challenging and costly to fix.
- The car’s entertainment system is outdated and may not meet the expectations of drivers in this day and age.
2015 Mazda Cx-5
The 2015 mazda cx-5 falls slightly behind its predecessors in terms of being one of the worst years for this car. Here’s why:
- The transportation problems that plagued earlier models improved slightly in 2015, but some drivers still report rough shifting.
- Infotainment issues persisted in the 2015 model, with some drivers reporting slow and buggy software.
2019 Mazda Cx-5
The 2019 mazda cx-5 may come as a surprise to some, but it has some significant issues, making it one of the worst years of the mazda cx-5 model. Here are the key issues with this model:
- Many drivers have reported problems with the car’s engine, such as a burning smell, loss of power, and hesitation when accelerating. These problems can be costly to repair out of warranty.
- The car’s infotainment system isn’t as advanced as some competitors, and the apple car play/android auto is only available in higher trims, limiting the potential of this feature.
Every car has its ups and downs, and the mazda cx-5 is no exception. When evaluating the worst years of this model, it’s essential to consider various factors such as safety, reliability, fuel economy, and overall cost. The 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2019 mazda cx-5 models rank among the worst years, primarily due to transmission and infotainment issues.
When purchasing a car, be sure to do your research and choose a model that fits your budget and expectations.
How To Decide On The Best Year For You
Possible blog post:
Best And Worst Years For The Mazda Cx-5: How To Decide On The Best Year For You
If you are looking for a reliable and fun-to-drive compact suv, the mazda cx-5 is a popular choice. However, with over eight years of production and five generations, choosing the best year for you can be challenging. In this post, we will provide some tips on how to identify your priorities, assess your budget, consider the mileage and condition of the car, and test drive multiple models before making a decision.
Identify Your Priorities
Before you start looking for a mazda cx-5, you should clarify what features and characteristics matter the most to you. Here are some factors to consider:
- Model year: The early cx-5s may not have the latest safety features, infotainment systems, and interior amenities, but they tend to be more affordable and simpler to maintain.
- Trim level: The cx-5 comes in several trims, ranging from the base sport to the top-of-the-line signature. Depending on your needs and preferences, you may want to prioritize comfort, convenience, or performance.
- Engine and transmission: The cx-5 offers two engine choices (a 2.5-liter four-cylinder and a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder) and two transmission options (a six-speed automatic and a six-speed manual). Think about how much power and efficiency you need and whether you prefer to shift gears yourself or let the car do it for you.
- Fuel economy: Although the cx-5 is not the most fuel-efficient suv in its class, some years and models can save you more money on gas than others. Check the epa ratings and compare them to your typical driving habits.
- Style and color: While not as essential as other factors, the cx-5’s exterior design and paint options can affect your enjoyment and pride of ownership. Pick a look that suits your taste and stands out from the crowd.
Assess Your Budget
Another critical aspect of buying a mazda cx-5 is figuring out how much you can and want to spend. Here are some cost factors to consider:
- Purchase price: The sticker price of a cx-5 can vary widely based on the year, trim, engine, transmission, and condition. Use sites like kelley blue book or edmunds to get an estimate of the fair market value and negotiate with the seller accordingly.
- Financing options: If you don’t have enough cash to pay for the cx-5 upfront, you can explore financing options such as a loan or a lease. Factor in the interest rate, down payment, monthly payments, and lease terms to see which option fits your budget and lifestyle.
- Ownership costs: Owning a cx-5 involves more than just the purchase and financing. You also need to consider the ongoing expenses such as insurance, maintenance, repairs, fuel, and registration. Use online calculators and forums to get an idea of the typical cost of ownership for the cx-5 and adjust your budget accordingly.
Consider The Mileage And Condition Of The Car
One of the most critical factors in determining a mazda cx-5’s value and reliability is its mileage and condition. Here are some tips on what to look for:
- Mileage: The cx-5 typically has a lifespan of over 100,000 miles, but some years and models may experience more problems than others. Check the car’s odometer and compare it to the average mileage for that year and model. Also, ask for the car’s service records and look for signs of wear and tear such as rust, corrosion, leaks, or worn-out components.
- Carfax report: Before you buy a cx-5, request a carfax report or a similar vehicle history report. This report can reveal whether the car has been in accidents, floods, or other incidents that can affect its safety, reliability, and resale value.
- Pre-purchase inspection: Consider hiring a certified mechanic or taking the cx-5 for a pre-purchase inspection at a trusted dealership. This inspection can reveal any hidden issues or potential problems that can save you money and headaches in the long run.
Test Drive Multiple Models Before Making A Decision
Finally, even if you think you know what cx-5 year and model you want, it’s always a good idea to test drive multiple models before making a final decision. Here are some benefits of test driving:
- Experience the driving dynamics: The cx-5 is known for its sporty and agile handling, but some years and trims may offer a smoother ride, better steering, or more responsive brakes than others. Test driving can help you feel the car’s performance and comfort in various driving conditions.
- Compare options: If you’re deciding between two or more cx-5 models, test driving them back-to-back can help you compare their features, comfort, and driving feel more objectively.
- Spot issues: During the test drive, pay attention to any noise, vibration, or other issues that may indicate a problem with the car. Also, test all the features such as the infotainment system, climate control, and safety equipment to make sure they work as expected.
With these tips in mind, you should be able to identify the best year and model of mazda cx-5 that fits your needs, budget, and taste. Happy shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions Of Best And Worst Years For The Mazda Cx-5
Which Year Did The Mazda Cx-5 Have The Best Reviews?
The mazda cx-5 had the best reviews in 2019, according to consumer reports.
Was There A Year Where The Mazda Cx-5 Had Major Issues?
The 2016 model year of the mazda cx-5 had reported issues with its transmission.
What Year Did Mazda Cx-5 Introduce Apple Carplay And Android Auto?
Mazda cx-5 introduced apple carplay and android auto in the 2019 model year.
Which Year Of Mazda Cx-5 Had The Most Advanced Safety Features?
The 2021 mazda cx-5 has the most advanced safety features, including lane departure warning.
Which Model Year Of The Mazda Cx-5 Is The Most Fuel-Efficient?
The 2020 model year is the most fuel-efficient with an epa-estimated 31 mpg on the highway.
Has The Mazda Cx-5 Ever Won Any Awards?
Yes, the mazda cx-5 has won numerous awards, including 2020 iihs top safety pick+.
Which Year Of The Mazda Cx-5 Has The Most Cargo Space?
The 2020 mazda cx-5 has the most cargo space, with up to 59. 6 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
The mazda cx-5 has been a popular compact crossover suv since its introduction in 2012. We have analyzed its performance over the years and come up with the best and worst years for this vehicle. The 2016 mazda cx-5 stands out as the best year due to its advanced safety features, spacious interior, and responsive steering.
Meanwhile, the 2013 model year had several recalls and complaints, making it the worst year for the cx-5. However, mazda has addressed these issues and improved the newer models. It’s important to note that no car is perfect, but doing research and being informed can help you make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing a vehicle.
Overall, the mazda cx-5 continues to be a great choice for those in the market for a reliable, stylish, and practical suv.