The best years for the subaru impreza are from 2017 and onwards, while the worst years are 2012 and 2013 due to engine problems. The subaru impreza has been a popular choice among car enthusiasts for its sporty performance and all-wheel-drive capabilities.
However, not all years of the impreza have been created equal. In fact, some years have been plagued with issues, while others have proven to be dependable and enjoyable to drive. Among the best years for the impreza are 2017 and later models, which offer more advanced safety features and technology.
On the other hand, the worst years for the impreza are 2012 and 2013 models, due to engine problems that caused oil consumption and potentially expensive repairs. As with any car, it’s important to do your research and choose a model year that suits your needs and budget.
Best Years Of Subaru Impreza
2002 – 2003: Reasons Why These Years Stand Out
The subaru impreza made a name for itself in the early 2000s, particularly with the release of the 2002 and 2003 models. Here are some reasons why these years stand out:
- Competitive performance, with a turbocharged engine and all-wheel-drive system for impressive handling and acceleration.
- Sleek and sporty exterior design, including flared fenders and a large rear spoiler.
- Updated interior features such as better sound insulation and higher-quality materials.
- Introduction of the wrx, a rally-inspired trim with even more horsepower and distinctive styling touches.
2012 – 2014: Advancements And Refinements In Design And Technology
The impreza saw another surge in popularity during the early 2010s, thanks to advancements and refinements in design and technology. Here’s what made these years stand out:
- Improved fuel efficiency, thanks to a new continuously variable transmission (cvt) and updated engine technology.
- Redesigned exterior with a more aerodynamic profile and more modern styling cues.
- Introduction of the eyesight safety system, which included features such as lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control.
- Addition of new infotainment features, such as bluetooth connectivity and a touchscreen interface.
Factors That Contributed To The Success Of These Years
There were several factors that contributed to the success of the impreza during the highlighted years:
- Consistent reputation for reliability and durability.
- Strong performance capabilities, particularly in high-performance trim levels like the wrx and sti.
- Continuous updates and improvements to design, technology, and safety features.
- Attention to detail, such as the inclusion of standard all-wheel drive, that sets the impreza apart from other compact cars.
Examples Of Subaru Impreza Models During These Years
Here are some examples of subaru impreza models that were released during the highlighted years:
- 2002 subaru impreza wrx: With a turbocharged engine and sporty styling accents like flared fenders and a rear spoiler, the 2002 wrx was a popular choice for driving enthusiasts.
- 2013 subaru impreza 2.0i premium: This mid-tier trim level offered a well-rounded package of features, including the new eyesight safety system and an updated infotainment interface.
- 2014 subaru impreza wrx sti: The 2014 wrx sti was a high-performance version of the impreza, with a turbocharged engine and advanced all-wheel drive system that made it a popular choice among rally car fans.
Worst Years Of Subaru Impreza
2001: Reasons Why This Year Was Disappointing
The 2001 subaru impreza has been rated poorly compared to other models. There are several reasons why many car enthusiasts consider this year’s model a disappointment. Some of the reasons include:
- Poor reliability: Many drivers have experienced various issues such as engine problems, transmission failures, electrical issues and more. These problems led to poor performance, and unreliability of the car.
- Lack of power: The car lacked power and acceleration compared to other models in the same class. This was due to the weak ej201 engine which failed to deliver enough power and performance.
- Poor safety: This model scored poorly in crash tests, with a safety rating of only two stars. It also lacked essential safety features like side airbags which made it an unsuitable family car.
- High maintenance costs: The 2001 model was expensive to maintain, with parts and repairs costing more than average, and this made it less economical to own.
2011: Common Issues With The Models During This Year
The 2011 subaru impreza also had its fair share of problems, and many drivers have reported some common issues with the models produced during this year. Here are some of the common issues:
- Excessive oil consumption: The 2011 model had a problem with consuming too much oil, which led to engine problems, especially if the car was not serviced regularly.
- Electrical issues: The car had problems with the electrical system, including the battery, alternator, and starter. Drivers reported that the battery would die quickly, and sometimes the car would not start.
- Transmission problems: The car had problems with the cvt (automatic) transmission, and some drivers experienced jerking or slipping while driving.
- Poor handling: The car exhibited poor handling and stability, which made it difficult to handle on rough terrain and corners.
Factors That Led To The Flaws Of These Years
Despite being popular among car enthusiasts, the subaru impreza had several flaws that affected some years. Here are the factors that contributed to the flaws of the 2001 and 2011 models:
- Lack of research: Subaru had failed to perform sufficient research and development to produce more reliable cars that meet the market needs.
- Poor quality control: Subaru’s quality control measures were not up to standard, and some cars left the production line with defects that affected their overall performance.
- Design and structure: The design of the 2001 and 2011 models was not well thought out, and many components were poorly placed or inadequately designed, leading to some of the issues reported.
- Cost-cutting measures: To cut costs while keeping prices low, some manufacturers would opt for cheap parts or components, which ultimately affect the car’s overall quality.
Examples Of Subaru Impreza Models During These Years
Here are some subaru impreza models produced during the years with identified flaws:
- Subaru impreza 2.5rs (2001): This model experienced several problems, including engine issues, high maintenance costs, and safety issues.
- Subaru impreza wrx (2011): This model had problems with oil consumption, electrical issues, poor handling, and transmission problems.
The subaru impreza is a popular choice among car enthusiasts, but some years had flaws that affected their overall performance and reputation. The 2001 model had issues with reliability, power, safety, and maintenance costs, while the 2011 model experienced problems with excessive oil consumption, electrical issues, and transmission problems.
Some factors that contributed to these issues include lack of research, poor quality control, design and structure, and cost-cutting measures in production.
Common Issues With Subaru Impreza
Best And Worst Years For The Subaru Impreza
When it comes to subaru impreza, each model year has its pros and cons. Some years are more reliable than others, while other years have specific common issues that plague the entire model. In this post, we’ll be discussing the best and worst years for subaru impreza.
Specifically, we’ll be looking at common issues and potential solutions for those issues.
Problems That Affect Most Or All Models Of Subaru Impreza
Here are some of the common issues that affect most or all models of subaru impreza:
- Head gasket failure: This is a common issue for subaru impreza vehicles, especially those produced between 1999-2011. Regular maintenance and proper care can help to prevent this issue, but it’s not a guarantee.
- Oil consumption: Many impreza models have a tendency to burn oil, especially those produced between 2011-2014. If you notice excessive oil consumption, it’s important to bring your vehicle to a mechanic to assess the situation.
- Transmission failure: This is a well-known issue among subaru owners, affecting various models, including the impreza, produced between 2011-2015. Transmission issues can be costly to repair, so it’s essential to address them as soon as they arise.
- Suspension problems: Certain models of subaru impreza are known to have suspension issues, including clunking noises and loose steering. This can be caused by worn out suspension components or improper installation.
Solutions And Remedies To The Common Issues
Here are some potential solutions and remedies to the common issues that plague subaru impreza vehicles:
- Head gasket failure: Regular maintenance, such as frequent oil changes and cooling system flushes, can help prevent head gasket failure. If you notice any signs of head gasket failure, such as power loss or coolant leaks, it’s important to address the issue immediately to prevent further damage.
- Oil consumption: Make sure to check your oil levels regularly and keep up with scheduled oil changes. Some owners have also reported success with using high-quality synthetic oil to reduce oil consumption.
- Transmission failure: Regular maintenance, such as fluid changes and proper use of the transmission, can help to prevent transmission failure. If you notice any signs of transmission issues, such as slipping gears or difficulty shifting, bring your vehicle to a mechanic for diagnosis.
- Suspension problems: If you notice any suspension issues, it’s important to bring your vehicle to a mechanic immediately. Proper diagnosis and replacement of damaged components can help to extend the life of your vehicle’s suspension system.
Tips To Prevent Issues From Arising In The First Place
Here are some tips to help prevent issues from arising in the first place:
- Regular maintenance: Keeping up with regular maintenance, such as oil changes and scheduled tune-ups, can help ensure that your vehicle runs smoothly and prevent potential issues from arising.
- Careful driving: Avoid aggressive driving and harsh shifting, as this can put unnecessary strain on your vehicle’s engine and transmission.
- Quality parts: When replacing parts on your subaru impreza, make sure to use high-quality parts that are designed for your specific vehicle.
- Awareness: Keep an eye out for any signs of potential issues and address them immediately to prevent further damage.
While there may be some common issues with subaru impreza vehicles, proper maintenance and care can go a long way in preventing those issues from arising in the first place. By following these tips and staying aware of your vehicle’s performance, you can ensure that your subaru impreza runs smoothly and reliably for years to come.
Tips For Buying Subaru Impreza
Best And Worst Years For The Subaru Impreza: Tips For Buying Subaru Impreza
Subaru impreza is a popular and reliable car around the world. Whether you are looking to purchase a new or used subaru impreza, there are several factors to consider to make an informed decision. In this section, we will guide you through the key factors to consider when purchasing a subaru impreza.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Used Or New Subaru Impreza
When buying a subaru impreza, there are several factors to consider, such as:
- Budget: Decide on your budget based on the model, year, and mileage of the car.
- Type of driving: Choose the model based on your driving requirements. If you plan to drive on rough terrain, choose a model with off-road capability.
- Fuel economy: Consider the fuel-efficient models if you’re looking for low gas mileage.
- Interior and exterior features: Determine the features you’re looking for in the car, such as leather seats, sunroof, or heated seats. You can choose the model accordingly.
How To Identify A High-Quality Model
To ensure that you purchase a high-quality subaru impreza, consider the following:
- Check the car’s mileage: Lower mileage cars tend to be in better condition and have a longer lifespan.
- Inspect the exterior: Look for any signs of damage or rust on the bodywork.
- Take a test drive: Take the car for a test drive to check for any abnormal noises or vibrations.
- Check the service history: Ensure that the car has been maintained regularly to prevent possible mechanical issues.
How To Ensure That The Car Is Reliable And Durable
To confirm that the car you’re purchasing is reliable and durable, consider the following:
- Get a vehicle history report: This report reveals any accidents, damages, or mechanical issues and confirms that the car has a clean title.
- Check the safety ratings: Ensure that the model you’re purchasing has a high safety rating.
- Check for recalls: Ensure that the car model or year has no recalls, or if there are, make sure they are resolved.
- Inspect the tires: Check for any signs of wear and tear on the tires.
Things To Check Before Completing A Purchase
Before completing a purchase, check the following:
- The paperwork: Ensure that the car comes with all the necessary paperwork, such as the owner’s manual, service records, and a clean title.
- Warranty: Check if there is a warranty from the manufacturer or dealer.
- Negotiate price: Negotiate the price based on the car’s conditions and any repairs required.
- Have a mechanic inspect the car: Get the car inspected by a trusted mechanic to ensure that there are no underlying mechanical issues.
By following the above tips, you are sure to make an informed decision when buying a subaru impreza. Remember that each used car is unique and has its own set of pros and cons. Take time to research and compare different models before making a purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions For Best And Worst Years For The Subaru Impreza
What Are The Best Years For Subaru Impreza?
The best years for subaru impreza are 2002-2007, 2017-2020.
What Are The Worst Years For Subaru Impreza?
The worst years for subaru impreza are 2015-2016, 2018-2019.
Is The Subaru Impreza A Reliable Car?
Yes, the subaru impreza is a reliable car with a good reputation for safety and durability.
Is The Subaru Impreza A Good Car For Winter?
Yes, the subaru impreza is an excellent car for winter due to its excellent handling, all-wheel drive, and reliable performance.
How Is The Fuel Economy Of Subaru Impreza?
The fuel economy of subaru impreza varies depending on the model and year. On average, it ranges between 22-31 mpg for city and highway driving.
What Is The Price Range Of The Subaru Impreza?
The price range of the subaru impreza varies depending on the model, year, and condition. Generally, it ranges between $20,000 to $30,000 for new models and $5,000 to $20,000 for used models.
How Does The Subaru Impreza Compare To Other Compact Cars?
The subaru impreza is a top-performing compact car with all-wheel drive. It offers better handling and stability in different weather conditions than other compact cars, making it a great choice for driving in any season.
The subaru impreza has had its ups and downs over the years. But there are certainly standout models that are worth considering. The 2002 impreza is widely regarded as one of the best, thanks to a balance between power, handling, and affordability.
Similarly, the 2013 model year was well received for its refined interior and impressive safety ratings. On the flip side, the 2008 impreza was criticized for its lackluster performance and cheap-looking materials. And while the 2011 model had some improvements, it still fell short of expectations.
Ultimately, the best and worst years for the subaru impreza depend on what you’re looking for in a car. But by doing your research and checking out reviews, you can find the model year that best suits your needs. Whether you opt for a classic gem or a more recent model, the subaru impreza has a lot to offer.