The best year for the ford raptor is 2017, and the worst is 2011 due to mechanical issues. The ford raptor is among the top choices for off-road enthusiasts and adventurous drivers.
The raptor is not only bold and rugged in appearance but also has impressive performance capabilities. It is built to withstand harsh terrains and conditions, making it a reliable and robust ride for anyone who needs to go off-road. Nonetheless, just like any other vehicle model, the raptor has its good and bad years.
In 2017, ford released an updated version of the raptor, which was an instant hit due to its enhanced features such as a high-output 3. 5-liter v6 engine with new drivetrain technology and advanced suspension system. On the other hand, the 2011 ford raptor was plagued with significant mechanical issues that affected its reliability and performance. In this article, we will delve into the best and worst years for the ford raptor to help you make an informed decision when purchasing this beastly machine.
Factors To Consider When Ranking The Best And Worst Years For The Ford Raptor
The ford raptor is undoubtedly one of the most stunning trucks ever made by ford, giving off-road enthusiasts a remarkable balance between performance and luxury. The raptor comes with a range of features and capabilities that provide a unique off-road experience.
And if you’re in the market for a ford raptor, you may be wondering which year model to go for. In this section, we’ll be exploring the factors that could influence your decision on the best and worst years for the ford raptor.
The raptor’s performance capabilities are a significant consideration when searching for the best year model. Here are some points to bear in mind:
- The 2017 and 2018 raptor models come with a second-generation 3.5l ecoboost v6 engine with a ten-speed automatic transmission, delivering 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque. This makes them the most powerful year models, providing a thrilling off-road experience.
- However, the 2010-2014 raptor models possess a larger 6.2-liter v8 engine delivering 411 horsepower and 434 lb-ft of torque, providing an equally exciting off-road experience.
Design And Features
Ford has made different improvements in raptor designs and features over the years. Here are some key points to consider:
- The previous generation raptor’s (2010-2014) design was built on a smaller frame, with lower ground clearance. The latest raptor models (2017-present) have a more massive design, with higher ground clearance, providing enhanced off-road capabilities.
- If you’re looking for more advanced features like a bed extender or bed liner, it is best to select a later year model. These advanced features were not available in previous raptor models.
Reliability And Owner Satisfaction
When choosing the best and worst year models of the ford raptor, reliability and owner satisfaction are major considerations. Here are some crucial points to consider:
- The 2017 and 2018 raptor models have excellent owner satisfaction ratings, with owners praising its handling and performance on rough terrains. These models also have very few reported reliability concerns.
- In contrast, earlier year models (2010-2014) received some reliability concerns, with some owners experiencing transmission issues and suspension problems. However, these issues did not affect all raptor models within that range.
The choice of the best and worst year models for the ford raptor ultimately depends on individual preferences and priorities, taking into account the factors mentioned above. Whether you are looking for enhanced performance, advanced features or a more reliable truck, there is a ford raptor year model for you.
Best Years For The Ford Raptor
The ford raptor is a popular truck series that has been loved by many for its off-road and heavy-duty capabilities. While some years of the raptor have gained a reputation for their performance, others have not been as well received.
In this blog post, we will dive into the best and worst years for the ford raptor, with a focus on the best years. Let’s start with the 2017 model year.
Raptor Model Year 2017
The 2017 ford raptor is a fan favorite for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the key points to know about this particular year:
- The 2017 raptor is equipped with a high-output 3.5-liter ecoboost v6 engine, producing 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque.
- The updated suspension system includes new fox racing shox with custom internal bypass technology and a longer suspension travel of up to 13 inches in the rear and 13.9 inches in the front.
- The raptor’s new 10-speed automatic transmission delivers smooth power delivery and quick acceleration.
- The cabin is spacious and comfortable, with plenty of high-tech features, such as the sync 3 infotainment system and a rearview camera.
Raptor Model Year 2019
The 2019 ford raptor is another top-performing year for the popular truck series. Here’s what you need to know:
- The 2019 raptor is powered by the same 3.5-liter ecoboost v6 engine with the same power output as the 2017 model.
- The suspension system remains the same from the 2017 model year but includes a new trail control feature.
- The truck’s exterior design receives an updated grille and new color options, including velocity blue and agate black.
- The interior remains virtually unchanged from the previous year but includes a new recaro package option for the front seats.
The 2017 and 2019 ford raptor model years are some of the best years for this popular truck series. These models both offer top-of-the-line performance features, spacious and comfortable cabins, and modern technology options.
Worst Years For The Ford Raptor
Raptor Model Year 2010
The 2010 ford raptor was the first-ever raptor. While it was still a beloved model, some of the worst years of this vehicle fall into this category. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Lack of features: The 2010 model didn’t have the modern features that most drivers are used to these days. The basic model had no navigation or a backup camera.
- Fuel economy: The worst downside to the 2010 model was the low gas mileage, which averaged 14 mpg, but it could go as low as 11 mpg in the city.
- Limited power: It had a 5.4-liter v8 engine, producing 310 horsepower which doesn’t compare to ford’s later models.
Raptor Model Year 2015
The 2015 model was the second generation of the ford raptor. Although it was a popular model, it faced some issues that made it one of the worst years for the raptor:
- Transmission problems: The 2015 version’s transmission had some noticeable issues with reliability and starting, which disappointed many drivers and critics alike.
- Poor steering: The 2015 model was known for its poor steering, which made handling challenging, particularly on rough terrains.
- Size of fuel tank: The raptor 2015 had a relatively small fuel tank, which led to the lessened range per tank of gas for extended road trips. The lack of accessible fueling locations in rural areas made this a significant concern among drivers.
Even though the ford raptor is a beloved vehicle among many truck enthusiasts, there were some years when ford missed the mark with essential features, power, fuel economy, and reliability. Drivers and critics alike hope to see ford addressing these issues in their future models.
Honorable Mention: Special Edition Raptor Models
The ford raptor has had its ups and downs over the years, but one thing that remains constant is its ability to turn heads and impress off-road enthusiasts. We’ll take a closer look at some of the special edition raptor models that have received notable recognition, including the shelby baja raptor and the hennessey velociraptor.
Shelby Baja Raptor
The shelby baja raptor is a high-performance truck that combines impressive off-road capabilities with sleek design. Here are some key features:
- Enhanced performance: This special edition raptor boasts a powerful 3.5-liter turbocharged v6 engine that produces 525 horsepower and 610 lb-ft. of torque.
- Aggressive exterior: The shelby baja raptor boasts an aggressive look with its custom front and rear bumpers, rock sliders, and led lighting. It also features a functional ram air hood and a custom rear chase rack for added utility.
- Comfortable interior: The truck’s interior is crafted with the driver’s comfort in mind, with leather-trimmed seats, premium audio, and a touchscreen navigation system.
If you’re looking for a truck that can handle anything you throw at it, the shelby baja raptor is certainly worth considering.
The hennessey velociraptor is a powerhouse of a truck that takes the already impressive raptor to the next level. Here’s what you need to know:
- Off-road performance: The velociraptor is built for off-road performance, with a 6-inch lift kit, custom bumpers, and 35-inch off-road tires. It also features a re-tuned suspension system for maximum control.
- Enhanced engine: Hennessey takes the raptor’s 3.5-liter v6 and adds twin turbochargers, boosting the engine’s output to 750 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque.
- Custom upgrades: The truck also features custom front and rear bumpers, led lighting, and a velociraptor front grille. The interior includes custom leather seats and a serialized dash plaque.
While the hennessey velociraptor certainly boasts an impressive set of features, its hefty price tag may be a turnoff for some buyers. However, for those who want the ultimate off-road experience, the velociraptor is the truck for you.
Overall, these two special edition raptor models are a testament to just how versatile and capable the ford raptor can be. Whether you’re looking for raw power or sleek design, these trucks have you covered.
Frequently Asked Questions On Best And Worst Years For The Ford Raptor
What Are The Best Years For The Ford Raptor?
The 2014 and 2018 models are the top-rated years of the ford raptor.
What Are The Worst Years For The Ford Raptor?
The 2012 and 2013 models have faced numerous issues making them the worst years for the ford raptor.
What Type Of Engine Comes Standard In A Ford Raptor?
A 3. 5l ecoboost v6 engine comes standard in all ford raptor models.
Is The Ford Raptor A Good Off-Roading Vehicle?
Yes, the ford raptor is a top-rated truck for off-roading, known for its exceptional performance on rough terrains.
What Is The Fuel Economy For The Ford Raptor?
The ford raptor has an average fuel economy of 15 miles per gallon with a larger fuel tank for longer off-road trips.
What Are Some Key Features Of The Ford Raptor?
The ford raptor comes with unique suspension system, skid plates, large fenders, and advanced off-road technologies.
How Much Can A Ford Raptor Tow?
The ford raptor can tow up to 8,000 pounds with a payload capacity of 1,200 pounds.
As the ford raptor has evolved over the years, enthusiasts have eagerly awaited each new model to see what improvements and changes have been made. While every year has something to offer, some have been better than others. The early model years, for all their charm, had some notable flaws that were eventually addressed in later models.
As the raptor improved, so did its popularity, cementing its reputation as one of the best high-performance trucks on the market today. Whether you prefer the first generation’s raw power or the third generation’s impressive technology, there’s a raptor out there for everyone, but choosing the right year is important.
As with all important purchases, thorough research is key. By considering what each year has to offer and matching it to your driving needs, you’ll be able to find the perfect raptor for you.