The best years for the hyundai santa fe were from 2019 onwards, while the worst years were from 2007 to 2012. the hyundai santa fe is a popular suv that has been around for many years. However, not all years for this vehicle were created equal.
In this article, we will discuss the best and worst years for the hyundai santa fe. The best years for this suv were from 2019 onwards, which saw a complete redesign of the vehicle, resulting in improved performance, modern features, and a more premium overall feel.
On the other hand, the worst years for the hyundai santa fe were from 2007 to 2012, during which time the vehicle had reliability issues, poor road manners, and outdated features. In the following sections, we will take a closer look at each of these years and explore what made them either great or poor for the hyundai santa fe.
What Makes The Hyundai Santa Fe Stand Out?
Brief History Of The Hyundai Santa Fe
The hyundai santa fe is a mid-size crossover suv that was first introduced in 2001. Since then, hyundai has released four generations of the santa fe, each with unique upgrades and improvements. The first generation was a compact suv, while the second generation grew in size to become a mid-size suv.
The third and fourth generations have further improved the santa fe with more advanced technology, better fuel efficiency, and enhanced safety features.
Unique Features That Set It Apart From Other Suvs
The hyundai santa fe is a popular suv that stands out from the crowd with its unique features. Here are some of the highlights:
- Spacious interior: The santa fe offers plenty of room for passengers and cargo with up to 71.3 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Advanced safety features: The santa fe comes equipped with an array of safety features including forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, and rear cross-traffic alert.
- Fuel-efficient powertrains: The santa fe boasts two fuel-efficient engine options: a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 191 horsepower and a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine with 277 horsepower.
- User-friendly infotainment: The santa fe’s infotainment system is intuitive and easy to use, with a standard 8-inch touch screen and available 10.25-inch touch screen.
- All-wheel drive: The santa fe offers all-wheel drive on all trims, making it a great choice for drivers who live in areas with harsh weather conditions.
- Towing capacity: The santa fe has a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds, which is impressive for a mid-size suv.
With its spacious interior, advanced safety features, fuel-efficient powertrains, user-friendly infotainment, all-wheel drive, and impressive towing capacity, the hyundai santa fe is an suv that stands out from the crowd.
Best Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
If you’re considering buying a pre-owned hyundai santa fe, it’s crucial to know which years have performed the best. In this section, we’ll delve into the top-performing santa fe model years and their standout features.
2007 Hyundai Santa Fe: Features And Specs
The first-generation hyundai santa fe received a remarkable overhaul in 2007, earning it a spot on our list as one of the best santa fe model years. Here are some key features and specifications:
- The 2007 santa fe boasts a comfortable and spacious cabin, seating up to five passengers.
- This model year comes equipped with a smooth-shifting five-speed automatic transmission paired with a 242-horsepower 3.3-liter v6 engine.
- The santa fe also received accolades for its reliability, making it an ideal option for those looking for a dependable suv.
- Other notable features include standard air conditioning, a six-speaker sound system, and a 60/40 split-folding rear seat for extra cargo space.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe: Features And Specs
The second generation of the santa fe debuted in 2010, showcasing a sleeker and more modern design. Here’s what makes this model year one of the best:
- The 2010 santa fe comes with optional all-wheel drive, making it an ideal option for those living in colder climates.
- It boasts a spacious interior, providing ample room for up to five passengers and plenty of cargo space.
- Featuring a standard 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine, there is also an optional 3.5-liter v6 engine.
- This santa fe model year’s integrated bluetooth, usb port, and auxiliary audio input make it a modern choice.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe: Features And Specs
The 2013 santa fe model year saw the debut of the third-generation santa fe, offering a more refined and luxurious driving experience. Here are some standout features:
- The interior of the 2013 santa fe offers a sleek and upscale design, with a wealth of features, including an available panoramic sunroof.
- This model year offers a standard six-speed automatic transmission paired with a 290-horsepower 3.3-liter v6 engine.
- The advanced safety features, including anti-lock brakes and electronic stability control, make the 2013 santa fe an ideal option for families.
- The 2013 model year santa fe also boasts excellent fuel economy, getting up to 22 miles per gallon in the city and 33 miles per gallon on the highway.
The 2007, 2010, and 2013 hyundai santa fe model years stand out as the best for pre-owned suv seekers. These model years represent the pinnacle of design, engineering, and reliability, making them dependable and high-quality options for drivers in search of a long-lasting suv.
Worst Hyundai Santa Fe Model Years
If you’re shopping for a hyundai santa fe, it’s essential to consider the model year before making a purchase. While some years are known for their reliability, others may have issues with safety, engines, or other mechanical problems. In this section, we’ll take a look at the worst model years for the hyundai santa fe to help guide you in your decision-making process.
2011 Hyundai Santa Fe: Features And Specs
- The 2011 santa fe had severe engine problems that resulted in stalling or sudden acceleration, posing safety hazards to drivers.
- Numerous complaints about transmission problems from owners who experienced delayed shifting or gear slipping.
- A significant number of electrical issues were reported, including problems with the alternator, starter, and battery.
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe: Features And Specs
- The 2016 santa fe has a problematic engine, with many owners reporting engines that suddenly fail, leading to high repair costs.
- There were numerous complaints about the electrical components, including the radio, battery, and alternator.
- Owners also noted significant issues with the suspension system that resulted in clunking noises, uneven tire wear, and other suspension-related problems.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe: Features And Specs
- Though the 2018 santa fe has a few improvements over its past iterations, some problems persist.
- A recurring issue is with the new design of the suspension that can lead to uneven tire wear and loud noises from the rear of the vehicle.
- There are also several reports of engine problems, including stalling, loss of power, and rough idling.
While the hyundai santa fe is an excellent midsize suv, it’s crucial to consider which model year best suits your preferences. Unfortunately, the 2011, 2016, and 2018 models have some significant inherent issues that might affect their reliability and safety.
Therefore, if you’re in the market for a hyundai santa fe, it’s best to avoid these models or research extensively before making a purchase.
Factors That Determine The Best And Worst Model Years
When purchasing a vehicle, many factors come into play that affect the overall driving experience. Owning a hyundai santa fe is no exception, and there are several aspects to consider before taking the plunge. Let’s explore the top three factors that determine the best and worst model years of the hyundai santa fe.
Safety Ratings And Features
When it comes to driving, safety is a top priority for many car buyers. Here’s what you need to know about safety ratings and features for the hyundai santa fe.
- The 2020 hyundai santa fe received a 5-star safety rating from the national highway traffic safety administration (nhtsa).
- The 2018 hyundai santa fe comes equipped with numerous safety features such as blind-spot detection and a rearview camera.
- The 2013 hyundai santa fe was not rated well for safety and received 2 out of 5 stars from the nhtsa.
Engine Performance And Fuel Economy
Fuel efficiency and smooth engine performance can be a game-changer when selecting your next vehicle. Here is what to keep in mind for the hyundai santa fe.
- The 2020 hyundai santa fe has a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 191 horsepower and an eight-speed automatic transmission, which delivers smooth acceleration and offers a satisfying driving experience.
- The 2017 hyundai santa fe comes with a 3.3-liter v6 engine, producing 290 horsepower, which provides ample power but at the expense of fuel economy.
- The 2005 hyundai santa fe had an underpowered v6 engine and poor fuel economy.
Comfort And Convenience Features
Last but not least, the comfort and convenience features play a vital role in determining which hyundai santa fe years are worth considering.
- The 2020 hyundai santa fe comes with comfortable and spacious seating, a user-friendly infotainment system, and an impressive sound system.
- The 2019 hyundai santa fe includes a plethora of high-tech features such as an 8-inch touchscreen display, wireless phone charging, and proximity keyless entry.
- The 2009 hyundai santa fe lacked modern features and had a cramped interior.
When it comes to choosing the perfect hyundai santa fe, safety ratings, engine performance, and comfort and convenience features are essential factors. By considering these factors, you can ensure that you purchase the best car to fit your needs.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Used Hyundai Santa Fe
Best & Worst Years For The Hyundai Santa Fe
If you’re in the market for a used hyundai santa fe, you might wonder whether there are specific years to avoid or seek out. Knowing the model years that have the best reputation for longevity and quality can help you make an informed purchase.
Below are some factors to consider when buying a used hyundai santa fe.
Mileage And Condition Of The Vehicle
- Try to get the vehicle’s complete mileage history and ask the seller if they have maintenance records. Look out for frequent oil changes and tire rotations.
- Pay close attention to the car’s condition, including any signs of rust, damage to the exterior or interior, and history of accidents or repairs.
- Inspect the tires, brakes, suspension, and engine to evaluate the overall state of the car’s mechanics.
Maintenance History And Service Records
- Try to get a complete service history of the car.
- Determine the frequency and type of maintenance that the vehicle has received, along with any repairs that have been done to it.
- Ask about the timing belt, water pump, and other parts that require replacement over time.
Price And Financing Options
- Research the fair market price for the model year and trim level of the santa fe you are interested in to ensure that you are not paying more than its value.
- Consider your financing options and shop around for the best rates at lenders.
- Keep in mind that the santa fe is known to maintain its value well over time, so if you plan to sell or trade it in the future, you could still get a good return on your investment.
Buying a used hyundai santa fe can be a smart investment if you take the time to research the model years, understand the factors that determine a vehicle’s value and condition, and shop smartly. By focusing on the factors above, you can make an informed decision about the best santa fe model year for your needs.
Conclusion: Making An Informed Decision When Buying A Hyundai Santa Fe
The hyundai santa fe is a practical suv with a loyal fan base due to its affordability, spacious interior, and safety ratings. However, not all model years are created equal. This blog post aims to provide you with all the necessary information to make an informed decision when buying a hyundai santa fe.
We’ll cover the best and worst model years, tips for test driving a used santa fe, and our final thoughts on this reliable suv. Let’s get started!
Summary Of The Best And Worst Model Years
- Best model years: According to car experts, the best model years for the hyundai santa fe are 2019, 2020, and 2021 due to their exceptional performance, fuel efficiency, and safety features. In particular, the 2021 santa fe received a complete redesign, including a revamped interior and exterior, making it the most luxurious santa fe to date.
- Worst model years: On the other hand, the 2007, 2012, and 2013 hyundai santa fe models are known for their engine problems, leading to costly repairs. The 2007 model specifically had issues with its braking system, while the 2012 and 2013 models had engine problems, with many owners reporting engine failure and needing complete replacements.
Tips For Researching And Test Driving A Used Hyundai Santa Fe
- Research: Before purchasing a used hyundai santa fe, it’s essential to do your research. Check the vehicle’s history report, including accident history and service records. Also, read reviews from current and previous owners about their experiences with the santa fe model you’re interested in.
- Test drive: Once you’ve found a used santa fe you’re interested in, take it for a test drive. Listen for any unusual noises or vibrations, check the brakes and acceleration, and test the various features such as the air conditioning, sound system, and power windows. Additionally, pay close attention to the interior and exterior of the vehicle, checking for any signs of wear and tear.
Our Final Thoughts On The Hyundai Santa Fe As A Reliable And Practical Suv
Overall, the hyundai santa fe is a practical suv with many exceptional model years. If you’re considering purchasing a santa fe, we recommend doing your research and taking one for a test drive to ensure it’s the right vehicle for you.
With its affordability, spacious interior, and safety features, the santa fe is an excellent choice for families and individuals alike. With proper care and maintenance, a hyundai santa fe can provide reliable transportation for many years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions For Best & Worst Years For The Hyundai Santa Fe
What Are The Best Years For The Hyundai Santa Fe?
The best years for the hyundai santa fe are 2019, 2020, and 2021.
What Are The Worst Years For The Hyundai Santa Fe?
The worst years for the hyundai santa fe are 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Does The Hyundai Santa Fe Have Good Resale Value?
Yes, the hyundai santa fe has good resale value due to its reliability and durability.
Is The Hyundai Santa Fe Expensive To Maintain?
No, the hyundai santa fe is not expensive to maintain compared to other suvs in its class.
How Many Miles Can A Hyundai Santa Fe Last?
A well-maintained hyundai santa fe can last up to 200,000 miles or more.
What Is The Fuel Economy Of The Hyundai Santa Fe?
The fuel economy of the hyundai santa fe ranges from 20-28 mpg in the city and 26-33 mpg on the highway.
Is The Hyundai Santa Fe A Reliable Car?
Yes, the hyundai santa fe is a reliable car with a track record of excellent safety ratings and customer satisfaction.
Overall, the hyundai santa fe has come a long way since its inception and has seen some great improvements in terms of reliability and features. With the release of the third-generation model in 2013, the santa fe has become a formidable midsize suv in the market, winning praises from both critics and consumers alike.
However, the early years of the santa fe were not without its fair share of problems, especially the first-generation model, which was plagued by several recalls and mechanical issues. Despite this, the santa fe’s reliability has improved significantly over the years, with the 2020 model being hailed as one of the most reliable suvs in its class.
As with any car, proper maintenance and service can go a long way in prolonging the life of the vehicle. Overall, the hyundai santa fe is a great choice for those in the market for a midsize suv that offers both comfort and reliability.